Please choose carefully the comments you post on the Websites and the information you provide in your personal profile. Your comments and personal profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs posted by you may not contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter. Information provided by other registered users in their personal profiles or in their reader comments may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services and Townsquare assumes no responsibility or liability for this material.
We reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Websites at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
By participating in any offline Townsquare event, you agree to release and hold Townsquare and the Websites harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from your participation in any such offline Townsquare event, even as a result of negligence by Townsquare.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Websites and their content and services are in no way intended to be professional medical advice, or substitute for professional medical advice, nor do they provide medical services. Furthermore, the Websites and their content and services are intended for educational purposes only. Products and services available on the Websites are not insurance. The Websites expressly prohibit you from using information and services on the Websites to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition. Application or reliance on any of the content, techniques, ideas, and suggestions accessed through the Websites is at your sole discretion and risk. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider regarding your health or any medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Websites. Reliance on any information provided by the Websites, Townsquare employees, others appearing on or contributing to the Websites at the invitation of Townsquare, or other visitors to the Websites is solely at your own risk.
The Site may contain text, graphics, images or information that you find offensive (e.g., sexually explicit health-related information). If you may find these materials offensive, you should consider not visiting the Websites.
1. No professional-client relationships shall be formed on the Site.
Communications on the Websites are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communications on the Websites are limited, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.
2. Health Information Disclaimer. The information provided on the Websites does not substitute for or replace services of trained professionals in their fields of expertise. thecheckup.com is not a medical provider and its staff cannot give you medical advice or provide any information concerning the diagnosis or treatment of any health condition. The information on the Websites is of a general nature and is intended only for educational purposes and should not be relied on as medical advice. We recommend consulting with a doctor on a regular basis with respect to any matter relating to physical or mental health, especially concerning symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. Neither thecheckup.com nor any of its affiliates, licensors or suppliers make any representations or warranties concerning any information, treatment, action or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information provided on or through the Websites. The Websites shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages that may result from the use of the Websites, including, without limitation, any such damages with respect to any economic loss, injury, illness or death.
3. Registration. By registering for the Websites, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older and that your use of the Websites will not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your personal profile may be deleted without warning if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. Your registration is solely for your personal use, and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your personal profile or email address. You are solely responsible for all content published or displayed through your account and for your interactions with other registered users. You may only register once for the Websites. If you would like to change your user name, please contact us. Multiple registrations will result in the removal of your registration privileges under any user name. We reserve the right to delete user names which might be considered objectionable.
4. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Websites. You may terminate your registration at any time, for any reason, by contacting us. We may terminate your registration for any reason and at any time, effective upon sending notice to you at your registered email address. Even after registration is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 4, 5, 7 and 9-16. This Agreement may change from time to time.
5. Non Commercial Use. The Websites is for the personal use of our users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Townsquare. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Websites, including collecting user names by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Websites is not permitted. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from personal profiles without notice. Appropriate legal action will be taken by us for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Websites.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on the Websites. Townsquare owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Websites. The Websites contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of Townsquare. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. RSS feeds may be republished so long as they are not modified in any way.
7. Content Posted on the Websites.
(a) You understand and agree that Townsquare, in its sole discretion, may review and delete any reader comments, personal profiles, information and photographs contained in personal profiles, and messages to other registered users (collectively, “Content”).
(b) You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the Websites or any material or information that you transmit to other registered users.
(c) By posting any Content to the public areas of the Websites, you hereby grant to Townsquare the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Websites. Content posted to the public areas of the Websites may be used on the air on the radio station, the radio station’s affiliate stations or the streaming station for commercial or entertainment use. This includes but is not limited to comments, video, audio, photos and all other content posted to public areas of the Websites. If you would like to request that any of your Content be removed from the Websites, please contact us. We will consider your request, but have the right to deny any request if we determine in our sole discretion that removal of the Content in question would harm the experience of our users on the Websites. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on the Websites or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other intellectual property rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties and fees owing any person by reason of any Content you post on the Websites.
(d) The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Websites. Townsquare reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Websites and terminating the registration of such violators. Prohibited Content includes Content that:
(i) is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(ii) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(iii) involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming;”
(iv) promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
(v) promotes an illegal copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(vi) contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(vii) provides material that exploits anyone in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone;
(viii) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
(ix) solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
(x) involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
(xi) uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive content intended to draw traffic to a personal profile.
(e) You must use the Websites in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
(f) You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any user of the Websites to buy or sell any products or services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other users of the Websites. Although Townsquare cannot monitor the conduct of its users off the Websites, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Websites in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user of the Websites without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our users from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of contacts which a registered user may make with other registered users in any 24-hour period to a number which Townsquare deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
(g) You may not cover or obscure any advertisements on your personal profile page or any other page of the Websites via HTML/CSS or any other means.
(h) Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts, is prohibited.
(i) You may not attempt to impersonate another registered user or person who is not a registered user of the Websites.
(j) You may not use the account, user name, or password of another registered user at any time nor may you disclose your password to any third party or permit any third party to access your account.
(k) You may not sell or otherwise transfer your personal profile.
8. Blog Guidelines. You must be a current registered member to use the Blog. When using the Blog, you are subject to and bound by these guidelines.
The purpose of the Blog is to provide a platform to discuss different topics related to various health and wellness topics. Your ideas and concerns are important to make sure that a broad range of our members are involved and informed participants in the discussion.
Important Note: Like the rest of this website, the Blog is in no way intended to provide professional medical advice, or substitute for professional medical advice. You should NOT use or rely on any posting in the Blog to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health or medical condition. Always consult with your doctor or other qualified health care provider before starting any treatment, medicine, diet, fitness or health program. You should never disregard the medical advice of your doctor or other qualified health care provider or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in the Blog. You acknowledge and agree that any action or non-action by you in reliance upon any posting in the Blog is entirely at your own risk and that under no circumstances will we be responsible or liable in any way for any injury (including death), loss or damage resulting from such reliance by you.
We do NOT edit comments posted by users in the Blog. If approved, comments will be posted “as is” and as received, including any typographical errors. However, we ask that members not submit or post comments that:
(a) Contain vulgar or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; or offensive or disparaging terms that target protected individuals or groups, including but not limited to specific ethnic or racial groups;
(b) Contain spam or promote specific businesses, services or products;
(c) Make unsupported accusations;
(d) Are “off topic” – meaning that they do not relate to the topic of the blog that is being commented on (for the benefit of robust discussion, comments shall remain on-topic);
(e) Impersonate another person or entity;
(f) Contain personally identifiable information (excluding information available in public records);
(g) Transmit or spread viruses, malware, spyware, or other harmful or intrusive code, software or material; or
(h) Solicit, promote or encourage illegal activities.
We reserve the right not to post comments that are in violation of any of the above restrictions. For comments that have been posted, we reserve the right to remove them at any time and without notice, if we discover or suspect that they are in violation of any of the above restrictions, or if we receive notification of or otherwise become aware of a claim or allegation that they are in violation of any of the above restrictions, or are infringing or violating a property, proprietary or personal right of any person or entity.
We do NOT verify, warrant or guarantee, and assume no liability for, the accuracy, correctness, truthfulness or reliability of any information posted by a member in the Blog. We do NOT endorse, sponsor, or approve any view, opinion, comment or position expressed by a member in the Blog, and the posting of a member’s view, opinion, comment or position in the Blog does NOT constitute our endorsement, sponsorship or approval thereof.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, moderating and posting comments will occur during regular business hours. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends or holidays will be read and posted as early as possible the next business day.
By using the Blog, you understand, acknowledge and agree that, because postings on the Blog can be accessed by others, if you post any personal information about yourself, including anything relating to your health status, that information will be viewable by others and could be further disclosed by others. Such information, if otherwise protected by state or federal privacy laws, may no longer be protected by those laws once posted by you voluntarily. We caution that you refrain from disclosing any information that you consider private. All posts to the Blog are deemed voluntary and information submitted becomes public in nature. Please view our complete Privacy Statement for more detailed information.
The Blog may not be used for claim inquiries, formal or informal complaints, or any other form of legal and/or administrative process. If you have questions of this nature, or questions about specific products and services, please contact us.
9. Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Websites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Websites; (d) your address, telephone number, and email address; (f) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (g) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Please send the foregoing to: Townsquare Media, 680 Fifth Ave 16th Floor, New York, NY 10019
10. User Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other registered users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
12. Disclaimers. The opinions expressed in Content posted on the Websites are not necessarily the opinions of Townsquare. Townsquare is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Websites, whether caused by users of the Websites or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by the Websites. Townsquare is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Websites. Townsquare assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user communication. Townsquare is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Websites or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Websites. Under no circumstances shall Townsquare be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Websites or from any Content posted on the Websites or transmitted to registered users, or any interactions between users of the Websites, whether online or offline, even as a result of negligence by Townsquare. The Websites are provided “AS-IS” and Townsquare expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Townsquare cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Websites.
13. Limitation on Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL TOWNSQUARE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, EVEN IF TOWNSQUARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TOWNSQUARE’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO $100.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND TOWNSQUARE AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TOWNSQUARE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE AND SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, CONTENT AND OTHER MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. IN ADDITION, TOWNSQUARE DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ANY INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT OR THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. PRICE AND AVAILABILITY INFORMATION FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
TOWNSQUARE DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT POSTED ON THE SITE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS THE DISCONTINUANCE OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
14. U. S. Export Controls. Software from the Websites (the “Software”) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Websites or otherwise exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Sudan, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
15. Site Promotion. Townsquare may make use of or refer to user-posted content for the purpose of promotion of the Websites. Such promotion will involve taking screen shots of a particular area of the Websites and using that screen shot as a graphic in an advertisement. Promotion may also include quoting content or playing audio or video posted to the public areas of the Websites on the Townsquare radio stations or streaming stations. Townsquare makes no claim of ownership to such user-posted content.
16. Product Purchases. You agree that thecheckup.com will not be liable with respect to any product, service, or information obtained through the website. You hereby release Townsquare (and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees) from any loss, claims or damages (including without limitation any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, special or exemplary damages), whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, that arise from or relate to any dissatisfaction you may have with any product, services or information obtained through the website.
We may make certain products and services available to you through links to third-party websites. Before you purchase any products or services through any such third-party website, we urge you to carefully review any such third party’s privacy, security, return and guarantee policies. Your correspondence or business dealings with any such third party, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that Townsquare shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, claim or damages of any sort incurred as a result of any dealings with any such third party.
17. Interactive Tools. Any interactive sections contained in this website are designed to give health information specifically related to the information you provide. You agree that the information you enter is true and correct, and that if any information changes, you will correct it. Information you enter is retained by Townsquare.
Use of these interactive tools and any interactions with Townsquare staff affiliated with the Websites concerning these interactive tools or any services purchased over the Websites are for health education and information purposes only. Use of any services provided to you do not constitute medical or other health care advice and are not intended to replace the diagnosis, treatment, and advice of your physician and other health care professionals.
18. Advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or providers of products or services found on or through this website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and such advertiser or provider. You agree that Townsquare shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or providers on this website.
19. Disputes. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including with respect to the interpretation of any provision of this Agreement and to the performance by Townsquare or you, shall be resolved by mandatory and binding arbitration submitted to the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules at the request of either Townsquare or you pursuant to the following conditions:
(a) Place of Arbitration Hearings. Arbitration hearings hereunder shall be held in Dallas, Texas.
(b) Selection of Arbitrator. Within 15 days after the commencement of arbitration, Townsquare and you shall each select one person to act as arbitrator and the two selected shall select a third arbitrator within 10 days of their appointment. If the arbitrators selected by the parties are unable or fail to agree upon the third arbitrator, the third arbitrator shall be selected by the American Arbitration Association.
(c) Conduct of Arbitration. The arbitrators shall allow reasonable discovery in the forms permitted by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, to the extent consistent with the purpose of the arbitration. The arbitrator shall have no power or authority to amend or disregard any provision of this section 13 or any other provision of this Agreement. The arbitration hearing shall be commenced promptly and conducted expeditiously, with each of you and Townsquare being allocated one-half of the time for the presentation of its case. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, an arbitration hearing shall be conducted on consecutive days.
(d) Findings and Conclusions. The arbitrators shall, after reaching judgment and award, prepare and distribute to the parties written findings of fact and conclusions of law relevant to such judgment and award and containing an opinion setting forth the reasons for the giving or denial of any award. The award of the arbitrators shall be final and binding on the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(e) Costs and Fees. Each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrators’ and administrative fees of arbitration. The prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of reasonable attorney fees.
(f) Litigation. Either party also may, without waiving any remedy under this agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim or provisional relief that is necessary to protect the rights or property of that party, pending the establishment of the arbitral tribunal (or pending the arbitral tribunal’s determination of the merits of the controversy).
(g) Jurisdiction. The parties consent to venue in Texas and to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of competent Texas state courts or federal courts in the Northern District of Texas for all litigation which may be brought, subject to the requirement for arbitration hereunder, with respect to the terms of, and the transactions and relationships contemplated by, this Agreement.
20. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Townsquare, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Websites in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
22. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Websites and is further affirmed by your registration. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Townsquare regarding the use of the Websites. The failure of Townsquare to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.