Undergoing a vasectomy can be scary and worrisome. That’s why you should always choose a professional, and -even better- renowned expert in the urology field.
As an expert vasectomy and vasectomy reversal Dr from New York City, Harry Fisch has the experience that can only be acquired by decades of successfully performing these procedures across the country.
This expertise allows him to provide vasectomy patients with key tips and pointers to undergo a vasectomy, without unnecessary stress.
So, choose the right doctor and follow these tips for a happy vasectomy:
Start with the basics:
The pre-op. After you have the pre-op tests and you get the green light for the procedure, there are a few things you must take into consideration:
- Get the paperwork ready, which includes -if you’re married-, your wife’s signature authorizing the procedure.
- Buy some tighty-whities. Preferably in dark, solid colors and keep them handy for after the surgery. Don’t worry, you will only have to wear them during recovery time. Movement post-surgery must be restricted.
- Pack stretchy clothes and extra underwear for the surgery day.
On Vasectomy Day:
Be prepared and try to relax. It’s not an otherworldly procedure and if you chose the right doctor, it will go smoothly. Just bear this in mind when you get to the doctor:
- Don’t think of the guy who just left the doctor’s office. Forget that discomfort look on his face and the wet pants.
- Ignore the strong smell of the urologist’s office as well as the laughter and the small talk between the nurses. Remember they’re just doing their job and there’s nothing you have they haven’t seen before.
- Keep in mind that you will be awake during the entire procedure. So bring music, a fun mobile video game or anything else that can help you take your focus away from your private parts and what’s going on there.
Once the procedure is over and you are ready to go home, you might one to remember a few things:
- Do not forget your pain-killers, pick them up on your way home. Trust me, even if you leave the doctor’s office feeling pretty good and confident, once the anesthetic wears off, you are going to notice the difference.
- If you refuse to spend money buying those lovely gel packs you can freeze and use as a compress, buy some packs of peas, then. Freeze them and put them in the affected area to relief the soreness and pain you’ll be feeling the next few days after the surgery.
- Last but not least, make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions thoroughly, especially when it comes to exercise and physical activity.
Choosing the right doctor, following his instructions and these simple steps will take you a long way during the whole process of undergoing a vasectomy. So, if you are ready to get a vasectomy or if you are considering getting a vasectomy reversal, call Dr Harry Fisch at 212-879-0800