Relationships can be a lot of fun or can be a total drag, that’s a fact.
If your relationship is good you will feel loved, nurtured, powerful, and invincible or maybe, just absolutely happy. But if your relationship is rather unpleasant, chances are, you’re going to feel miserable.
Respect, honesty, and trust are the foundations of any good and prosperous relationship, not just a romantic one. But when it comes to romance, that might not be enough. A couple’s relationship is supposed to be fun and full of love, having a partner is about being supportive and sharing life. We can all agree that regardless of how much we love our partners and how much we support each other, the routine can make our lives rather dull and affect our relationships in a negative way.
But have no fear, this article, written with the expert help of our very own vasectomy reversal doctor from New York City, aims to provide you with an absurd amount of ideas to improve your relationship by sharing, having fun and giving your partner and yourself moments and experiences that both of you can hold dear for a long, long time.
Dating for Free!
We know, a date where you won’t be spending any money, although convenient for your pocket, might come across as cheap. But on the other hand, there are plenty of significant things in life that don’t cost a dime, like your favorite childhood dish made at home by your beloved grandma or your mother’s patient care and attention when you’re sick. So, why not sharing something of quality with your loved one, even if it does not cost a fortune?
Play a game or do a fun activity together at home. This might sound rather lame but come on, you lovebirds are supposed to be creative and spice things up. Think of fun penalties for the loser or prizes for the winner. Choose something you’re both really bad or really god at; like strip chess, for example. Cards Against Humanity is a great game too, and it can be pretty hilarious, you could even make your own cards deck. Or if you want to connect at a deeper level and share something meaningful, you can try this questionnaire by the New York Times, which claims to make people fall in love.
Other games and activities you can enjoy at home may be:
- Play six degrees of Wikipedia.
- Play naughty Truth or Dare.
- Play the horror film drinking game.
- Play Exquisite Corpse.
- Play The Game of Love.
- Have a cooking contest with the items you already have in the fridge.
- Have a water fight in your backyard.
- Have an at-home karaoke contest.
- Have a video game night with lots of snacks.
- Invent your own dream team, fantasy league or dream cast for movies, sports or a zombie apocalypse.
- Workout together while watching a marathon of your favorite TV show.
- Give each other a massage.
- Have a themed at-home movie night with homemade snacks.
- Go camping… to your backyard.
- Build a blanket fort and have a movie or TV marathon with make out sessions in between.
- Make a bucket list together.
- Learn a new language together.
- Create a new holiday, with rules, traditions and meals.
- Make music playlists together and create mixtapes for each other.
- Pick a random place and plan a whole detailed vacation.
- Make a campfire and spend the night stargazing, telling tales and roasting marshmallows.
- Read to each other.
- Take a bath together.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Write a fiction story together.
- Play “would you rather”.
But not all the free fun has to be at home, here are some ideas of free dates you can enjoy with your other half outdoors:
- Take a free class together.
- Make a scavenger hunt in your local library or in a bookstore.
- Go to a farmer’s market, play ABC s, and enjoy the free samples.
- Go test-drive your dream cars.
- Visit a museum on a free night and make a scavenger’s hunt.
- Climb a tree together.
- Have a sand-castle contest and get passers-by to vote.
- Play Geocaching.
- Go eye-bombing your town.
- Volunteer together at a local charity.
- Make a kite at home and go fly it together.
- Go ghost hunting.
- Play Snapchat hide & seek.
- Go hiking and have a picnic.
- Solve a mystery together.
- Go to a library or bookstore together and leave post-it notes on your favorite books for future readers.
- Participate in a color run.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Play darts.
Free dates are not the only thing you and your partner can enjoy. If you are in the mood for a little spending or a lot of splurging we have countless ideas for you, as well. So, read on.
At-home dating made right.
Just in case you’re not feeling like leaving the house for whatever reason, maybe it’s rainy or maybe it’s just too hot or busy out there; you can still have a pretty fun night inside the house. Here are some ideas:
- Have a themed dinner at home. Find a recipe, visit an international grocery shop and spend the night cooking together while having drinks and listening to your favorite tunes.
- Do a puzzle or build a scale model together. Find something you both enjoy and finish it together.
- Have a Nerf War. You could have one with water guns too.
- Host a pool party. It can be a dinner party or a brunch party, as well.
- Make sushi together. Come up with your own ingredient combination ideas and create your very own signature roll. Or try making homemade pizza with signature ingredients.
- Do a chocolate sampling session. Get fancy chocolates and taste them all. If you want to go extra fancy, accompany them with fruits and champagne.
- Make an art project together. Like painting on a huge canvas, sculpting something or putting a scrapbook together.
- Have a fondue night at home. This is perfect for cold weather, do it by the fireplace to make it extra cozy and romantic.
- Do a blind taste-test. Prepare snacks for each other and without letting your partner see make them try to guess what they’re eating.
- Enjoy a rooftop happy hour or brunch. Special cocktails and nice food in a terrace or rooftop make for the perfect sunset-watching date.
- Bake something delicious. Make a fancy cake, specialty cookies or high-end pastries and desserts at home. Create your signature dessert and brag about it on Instagram, you know the drill.
- Take over a DIY project. From furniture to anything you can imagine, choose a project and work together until you have successfully finished it.
Let the world be your playground, take that date outside!
- Enjoy a Spa day together.
- Go golfing or mini-golfing.
- Try a new restaurant.
- Go ice-skating or skiing.
- Try to set or beat a Guinness World Record.
- Go swimming, surfing or sailing together.
- Play paintball or go shooting together.
- Go to a sports event.
- Have a fancy picnic in a nice place.
- Go bowling.
- Have a casino night in Vegas.
- Get tickets for a big game.
- Go to an archery shooting range.
- Have a go-kart date night.
- Go spelunking or rappelling.
- Visit an aquarium together.
- Go on a boat or balloon ride.
- Make a Batman marathon.
- Go to a concert together.
- Shop lingerie for each other or go on a lingerie shopping spree together.
- Go to a drive-in cinema.
- Take dance lessons together.
- Go to your local brewery for a beer tasting session.
- Visit an art gallery.
- Go to a nearby town and be a tourist.
- Do a wine tasting tour.
- Go for an Ice cream or Pub crawl.
- Sample hot sauces or go try new ethnic dishes.
- Go skydiving.
- Enjoy a stand-up show or a symphonic concert.
- Visit the zoo.
- Go camping.
- Try fancy desserts together.
- Go to an amusement park together.
- Rent a convertible and drive around.
- Go on a city tour.
- Play at an arcade together.
- Go to a music festival or street fair.
- Visit a flea market.
- Go fishing.
- Have a meal in a food truck.
- Go kayaking.
- Eat at an outdoors restaurant.
- Go on a road trip together.
- Get a professional photo shoot for the two of you.
- Spend the night walking and doing fun stuff around the city until you find a place to have breakfast at dawn.
- Go to the airport and get tickets for the next available flight to spend the weekend there.
- Enjoy a private dinner on a yacht.
- Go play tennis, ping-pong, pool or even air hockey.
- Dress as your favorite superheroes and deliver basic care packages to homeless people.
Did you find any of these ideas appealing? Or maybe all of them? If you did, why don’t you start your own Date Jar?
Don’t wait any longer and start enjoying especial moments and creating long-lasting memories with your beloved one. If you want to read more articles like this one, stay in tune with Dr. Harry Fisch´s blog. He is a Vasectomy reversal specialist based in Manhattan who knows about everything regarding men’s health; from urology and fertility to relationships, and from fitness to sex life and contraception. You can contact him on (212) 879-0800.